Applied Researcher (NLP)
About the job
We’re looking for a top-notch Machine Learning Researcher that has both broad experience with Data Science (i.e. experience with various types of models and tasks), and solid coding skills. Following the success of the deepchecks open-source package, we’re creating novel ways to validate LLM-based systems by preventing hallucinations, creating automatic evaluation flows, and enabling continuous performance tracking and improvement. In this role, you will be in charge of developing these capabilities for the Deepchecks LLM Evaluation package and other Deepchecks products, most of which have no “textbook solution”. You will be developing algorithms on the cutting edge of LLM evaluation, while also dealing with a wide range of models and data domains, from NLP to tabular and Vision, and helping to create robust tools for detecting generic issues with ML models and pipelines. The role also offers the unique opportunity to shape our product from a user’s point of view.
We’ll be going through a lot together, so we want your character and mindset to be a good fit for a fast-moving startup.
- M.Sc. in a quantitative field.
- At least 3 years of industry experience in ML Research / DS roles.
- At least 1 year of industry experience in NLP.
- Proven track record of excellence and ability to lead complex projects.
- End-to-end skillset – able to own features from an idea stage, through design, architecture, coding, integration, and deployment.
- Python proficiency and solid coding skills.
- Product-driven mindset.
Advantage if experienced with:
- Developing LLM-based systems.
- Owning and improving deployed ML systems.
- MLOps or Experience as a data engineer.